The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Riverfront Heritage: Le Vieux Carre -- November 18, 2009
Pat Sullivan, local developer and co-owner of JP Companies, gave OLLI members a private, behind-the-scenes look at one of the crown jewels of Peoria's Riverfront, Le Vieux Carre ("the old quarter").
He purchased the building nearly 10 years ago and has developed it into a commercial and residential hotspot which features Kelleher's Pub, a piano bar, several offices of start-up businesses, and loft-style condominiums.
Many thanks to Pat for taking time out of his very busy schedule to give OLLI a unique look at his efforts to develop the riverfront.
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (79)
- ► 2010 (75)
- Riverfront Heritage: Le Vieux Carre -- November 1...
- All Along the Hilltop -- November 19, 2009
- Art Doubleheader -- November 17, 2009
- The Future of Journalism -- November 12, 2009
- Wyatt, Weavers, and The Works -- November 4, 2009
- Behind the Broadway Curtain -- November 7, 2009
- Dixon's -- November 3, 2009
- Behind the Music -- October 30, 2009
- In Search of Lewis and Clark -- October 29, 2009
- Reading the Landscape -- October 27, 2009
- ▼ November (10)