On our private tour of the Illinois American Water Company in Peoria, we learned about the company’s production and distribution methods and viewed laboratory equipment and historical architecture at the treatment plant, located just north of the McClugage Bridge. Our visit included a look at the observatory and fish hatchery, plus displays, instruments, and a replica of an early laboratory in a museum housed in the facility’s 119-year-old red sandstone pumping station.
The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- Rocky Glen 1 -- May 14, 2012
- Peoria County Barn Tour -- May 10, 2012
- Toraason Glass -- May 9, 2012
- Midland Davis -- May 8, 2012
- Illinois American Water -- May 7, 2012
- Greater Peoria Sanitary District -- April 24, 2012...
- Lincoln Presidential Museum -- April 23, 2012
- Peoria Fire Academy -- April 20, 2012
- Peoria Area Churches -- April 19, 2012
- ▼ May (9)
- ► 2011 (79)
- ► 2010 (75)