The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Presidential Museums Trip Day 2 -- September 9, 2009
On the second day of our trip, we left West Memphis, Arkansas and drove to Little Rock to tour the William Clinton Presidential Museum.
The contents include memorabilia from Bill and Hillary's childhoods through their years in the White House. Multimedia presentations play on screens throughout the museum, and our group enjoyed pulling out the schedule books to read what the president's activities included for certain dates.
After lunch in downtown Little Rock, we boarded the motorcoach again and drove to Hope, Arkansas to visit "Billy" Clinton's boyhood home.
Margaret Berryman expertly guided our tour and gave us many inside bits of information about Clinton's early years. Upon arrival at the visitor's center, we experienced some southern hospitality when we were offered cookies, lemonade, and some goodie bags. The people who care for the site were very warm and friendly, and they made our visit one of the most enjoyable so far.
By the end of the day, we were in Texarkana, Arkansas, which is inches from Texarkana, Texas. Our long day ended with dinner at Zapata's, a Mexican restaurant, and no one left hungry!
We're off to two mystery sites in Texas tomorrow. Bernie Drake gave a series of clues, and Don Moore was the first person to correctly guess our destination. If you want to know where we're going, you'll have to check the Thursday blog!
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (79)
- ► 2010 (75)
- Redefining Retirement -- September 19, 2009
- Presidential Museums Trip Day 8 -- September 15, 2...
- Presidential Museum Trip Day 7 -- September 14, 20...
- Presidential Museums Trip Day 6 -- September 13, 2...
- Presidential Museums Trip Day 5 -- September 12, 2...
- Moons Over Peoria -- September 11, 2009
- Presidential Museums Trip Day 4 -- September 11, 2...
- Presidential Museum Trip Day 3 -- September 10, 20...
- Firefighting 101 -- September 10, 2009
- Presidential Museums Trip Day 2 -- September 9, 20...
- Peoria Zoo-OLLI-gy -- September 8, 2009
- Fall 2009 OLLI Luncheon -- September 9, 2009
- Presidential Museums Trip Day One -- September 8, ...
- Springfield's Hidden Treasures -- September 2, 200...
- ▼ September (14)