The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Monday, September 21, 2009
Redefining Retirement -- September 19, 2009
More than 150 people traveled to Bradley's campus on September 19 to attend Redefining Retirement, a one-day workshop sponsored by the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University.
The workshop was designed to help people create the best possible post-career life that reflects what they value today: staying healthy, sustaining financial comfort, and following passions.
A variety of experts made informative presentations throughout the day. Dr. Cynthia Barnett, author of Prime Time Makeover, began the day with a plenary session about the transition into retirement. Dr. Lori Russell-Chapin spoke about the changes relationships face during retirement, Kali Lightfoot talked about the importance of lifelong learning, and Marjorie Getz spoke about understanding the 50+ body.
In addition, Tom Rowley of Van Kampen Investments gave a lively luncheon talk about the retirement boom and resulting financial impact, Bill Kwon spoke about retirement investing, Jim Benckendorf gave good advice about estate planning, and Nancy Bell gave an overview of Medicare.
Finally, Dr. Larry Lindahl spoke about the mental and physical effects of retirement, followed by Donna Nordwall addressing the emotional aspects of retirement and Robin Albright discussing how blueprinting the future can help make dreams come true.
Bradley's Continuing Education developed the workshop in conjunction with an incredible group of community leaders, without whom the event would not have been possible: Francis Duren, Lori Fan, Loren Gallup, Blair Gorsuch, Jim Hooker, Bill Kwon, Jeff Nelson, Mary Ann Nelson, Michele Richey, and Randy Saxon.
Thanks also to the event sponsors: Bernard Osher Foundation, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Bradley University Center for Testing, CEFCU, and RSVP of Peoria and Tazewell Counties.
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (79)
- ► 2010 (75)
- Redefining Retirement -- September 19, 2009
- Presidential Museums Trip Day 8 -- September 15, 2...
- Presidential Museum Trip Day 7 -- September 14, 20...
- Presidential Museums Trip Day 6 -- September 13, 2...
- Presidential Museums Trip Day 5 -- September 12, 2...
- Moons Over Peoria -- September 11, 2009
- Presidential Museums Trip Day 4 -- September 11, 2...
- Presidential Museum Trip Day 3 -- September 10, 20...
- Firefighting 101 -- September 10, 2009
- Presidential Museums Trip Day 2 -- September 9, 20...
- Peoria Zoo-OLLI-gy -- September 8, 2009
- Fall 2009 OLLI Luncheon -- September 9, 2009
- Presidential Museums Trip Day One -- September 8, ...
- Springfield's Hidden Treasures -- September 2, 200...
- ▼ September (14)