The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Monday, May 16, 2011
Powerton Generating Station -- April 28 & May 11, 2011
OLLI took two separate trips this spring to the Powerton Generating Station in Pekin.
On both visits, we experienced a behind-the-scenes look at the electric generation station located southwest of Pekin. The coal-fired boilers wereshut down, so we had a rare opportunity to see inside the mechanisms that produce enough electricity to meet the needs of 1.8 million households. We also learned how the electricity generated by the station is transmitted for distribution to commercial, retail, and industrial customers.
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- Frank Lloyd Wright Home & Studio -- May 26, 2011
- Ancient Earthworks, Day 3 -- May 21, 1011
- Ancient Earthworks, Day 2 -- May 20, 2011
- Ancient Earthworks, Day 1 -- May 19, 2011
- Historic Nauvoo -- May 12, 2011
- Sullivan's Downtown -- May 2, 2011
- Powerton Generating Station -- April 28 & May 11, ...
- Central Peoria Churches -- April 26, 2011
- Harrison Community Learning Center -- April 19, 20...
- Daarul Uloom Islamic School -- April 15, 2011
- Alton Adventure
- Historic Alton
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2010 (75)