The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Monday, May 16, 2011
Sullivan's Downtown -- May 2, 2011
In early May, OLLI enjoyed a tour of a complex of downtown buildings that have been revitalized by local entrepreneur Pat Sullivan.
During this tour, we got a private, behind-the-scenes look at the Le Vieux Carre (“small quarters”) building on Water Street, a former buggy and implement warehouse built in the 1800s which was also rumored to have once housed Al Capone’s whiskey stills and gambling devices. Pat also gave us a peek at the headquarters for Water Street Solutions (the former post office), and discussed his efforts to create a new urban neighborhood in Peoria’s warehouse district, recently awarded $10 million in federal grants and renamed Rivertown.
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- Frank Lloyd Wright Home & Studio -- May 26, 2011
- Ancient Earthworks, Day 3 -- May 21, 1011
- Ancient Earthworks, Day 2 -- May 20, 2011
- Ancient Earthworks, Day 1 -- May 19, 2011
- Historic Nauvoo -- May 12, 2011
- Sullivan's Downtown -- May 2, 2011
- Powerton Generating Station -- April 28 & May 11, ...
- Central Peoria Churches -- April 26, 2011
- Harrison Community Learning Center -- April 19, 20...
- Daarul Uloom Islamic School -- April 15, 2011
- Alton Adventure
- Historic Alton
- ▼ May (12)
- ► 2010 (75)