The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Thursday, April 29, 2010
The Civil War Tour, Day 1 -- April 27, 2010
Our adventure began at the United Presbyterian Church very early on Tuesday, April 21. Thirty-seven happy travelers (some a wee bit sleepy!) boarded our charter coach for the drive to Dayton, Ohio and our first destination.
Upon arrival at the National Museum of the United States Air Force, our guide stepped on the coach to tell us about the highlights of the site. We had a quick lunch and then took off to explore the three hangars that house the exhibits. From examples of the earliest attempts at flight to some of the more sophisticated fighter planes from WWII, we were able to see the progression of the development of flight. One section of the museum is devoted to comedian Bob Hope, who entertained generations of troops.
Several of our group members left the main museum to tour the hangar of presidential planes, including Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman (The Independence), Dwight Eisenhower (Columbine), and the first Air Force One (used for Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, and George H.W. Bush). One building holds many types of experimental planes that were developed to test theories of flight. After two hours of exploration, we traveled to Columbus, Ohio for dinner at the Schmidt Haus in German Village. Everyone enjoyed the brick streets, the quaint old buildings, and a delicious German buffet before retiring for the night in Pickerington, Ohio.
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (79)
- Case International Harvest Plant -- April 29, 2010...
- Civil War Tour, Day 2 -- April 28, 2010
- The Civil War Tour, Day 1 -- April 27, 2010
- A Day in St. Louis -- Friday, April 23, 2010
- Italian Ethnic Dinner -- Wednesday, April 21, 2010...
- OLLI Endowment Announcement -- Wednesday, April 21...
- Illinois Historical Water Museum -- Thursday, Apri...
- Ropp Jersey Cheese and Twin Groves Wind Farm -- Tu...
- Larry Kanfer Gallery and Frasca International -- T...
- Peoria County Sheriff's Department and County Jail...
- OSF Milestone Project -- Wednesday, April 28, 2010...
- United States District Courthouse -- Thursday, Mar...
- Rock Island Arsenal and John Deere Experience -- F...
- ▼ April (13)