The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Monday, April 19, 2010
OSF Milestone Project -- Wednesday, April 28, 2010
OLLI members had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to visit Peoria's largest construction project during a tour of the OSF St. Francis Medical Center's Milestone Project.
Slated for an August 2010 opening, the 456,000 square-foot building has nine floors for an emergency department, surgery and cardiovascular procedures, neonatal intensive care, pediatric critical care, St. Jude Midwest Affiliate, adult heart unit, general pediatrics, and helipad.
Our private, hard hat tour was given by one of the two managers of the $280 million project that began in July 2007. Of special interest was the interior design of each floor, which was based on a prayer composed by St. Francis of Assisi in 1224. The Canticle of the Sun praises God with His creatures: the sun, moon, wind, water, fire and earth.
As we toured the new expansion, OLLI members saw special symbols on each floor, each one a reference to the prayer. The symbols and color palette are designed to be soothing and reassuring for patients, and provide an easy way to identify each particular floor. The Emergency Department's decor is "All Creatures," the Surgery Floor is "Earth," the 2nd floor is "Fire and Light," the neonatal ICU is "Wind and Air," the Pediatric Critical Care floor is "Water," the adult heart unit is "Sun," and the general pediatrics floor is "Moon and Stars."
OLLI thanks Rebecca Heisler of OSF for coordinating this incredible tour. For more information about the Milestone Project, please visit its website.
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (79)
- Case International Harvest Plant -- April 29, 2010...
- Civil War Tour, Day 2 -- April 28, 2010
- The Civil War Tour, Day 1 -- April 27, 2010
- A Day in St. Louis -- Friday, April 23, 2010
- Italian Ethnic Dinner -- Wednesday, April 21, 2010...
- OLLI Endowment Announcement -- Wednesday, April 21...
- Illinois Historical Water Museum -- Thursday, Apri...
- Ropp Jersey Cheese and Twin Groves Wind Farm -- Tu...
- Larry Kanfer Gallery and Frasca International -- T...
- Peoria County Sheriff's Department and County Jail...
- OSF Milestone Project -- Wednesday, April 28, 2010...
- United States District Courthouse -- Thursday, Mar...
- Rock Island Arsenal and John Deere Experience -- F...
- ▼ April (13)