The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Monday, April 19, 2010
Rock Island Arsenal and John Deere Experience -- Friday, March 19
Our trip to the Quad Cities began with a guided tour of the Rock Island Arsenal, an active U.S. Army facility located on a 946-acre island on the Mississippi River. A step-on docent highlighted more than a dozen sites at the National Historic Landmark, including the Confederate Cemetery, Colonel Davenport House, Fort Armstrong, and the Government Bridge. Before we left the island, we had a chance to visit the Arsenal Museum, renowned for its premier firearms collection.
After lunch, we toured the John Deere Harvester Works and Seeding Factory, the largest, most modern combine manufacturing facility in the world. OLLI members rode on moving carts during the tour of the 200-acre plant and experienced the main production line from start to finish.
After a brief stop at Country Manor Chocolates, where OLLI members had the opportunity to create edible cups, we ended the day at the John Deere Pavilion, Illinois' most popular and comprehensive agriculture exhibit.
For more information about the sites we visited, please visit these websites:
The Rock Island Arsenal
John Deere Attractions
Country Manor Chocolates
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (79)
- Case International Harvest Plant -- April 29, 2010...
- Civil War Tour, Day 2 -- April 28, 2010
- The Civil War Tour, Day 1 -- April 27, 2010
- A Day in St. Louis -- Friday, April 23, 2010
- Italian Ethnic Dinner -- Wednesday, April 21, 2010...
- OLLI Endowment Announcement -- Wednesday, April 21...
- Illinois Historical Water Museum -- Thursday, Apri...
- Ropp Jersey Cheese and Twin Groves Wind Farm -- Tu...
- Larry Kanfer Gallery and Frasca International -- T...
- Peoria County Sheriff's Department and County Jail...
- OSF Milestone Project -- Wednesday, April 28, 2010...
- United States District Courthouse -- Thursday, Mar...
- Rock Island Arsenal and John Deere Experience -- F...
- ▼ April (13)