The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Vicksburg: Grant Moves South, Day 1
More than three dozen OLLI members began their 9-day exploration of major battlefields of the Vicksburg Campaign and related historic sites in the South today.
The first day of the trip featured explanations of the 1861 Battle of Belmont, which was Ulysses S. Grant's first Civil War battle. And, like General Grant, the group stayed in Paducah, Kentucky for one nigiht before continuing the journey south.
Bernie Drake, OLLI member and former President of the Peoria Historical Society Board of Directors, is accompanying the group to share his expertise.
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- Peoria Public Works -- September 23, 2011
- Peoria County Coroner's Office -- September 22, 20...
- Historic Fulton -- September 21, 2011
- Peoria Area Churches -- September 16, 2011
- Federal Correctional Institution, Pekin -- Septemb...
- Fall Kickoff Luncheon -- September 14, 2011
- Toraason Glass -- September 8, 2011
- G&D Integrated -- September 7, 2011
- Parsons Company -- August 25, 2011
- Vicksburg: Grant Moves South, Day 1
- ▼ September (10)
- ► 2010 (75)