The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Archeology Adventure -- May 13, 2010
One of OLLI’s favorite instructors, Michael Wiant, Director of Dickson Mounds Museum, led us on an archeological adventure to two historic sites in Illinois: Starved Rock and Sinnissippi Park.
During this trip, Dr. Wiant uncovered the far-reaching story of Starved Rock and discussed the late Ice Age landscape between Peoria and Utica. After exploring Starved Rock, we ate lunch, then headed to Sterling to visit Sinnissippi Park, home to some of the few remaining Native American cemetery mounds in Illinois.
Once again, OLLI thanks Michael for yet another fascinating day of adventure, learning, and discovery!
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (79)
- Peoria International Airport -- July 15, 2010
- OLLI Summer Picnic -- June 7, 2010
- Illinois Shakespeare Festival -- June 24, 2010
- Canoe the Kankakee -- June 30, 2010
- Emiquon and Dickson Mounds -- June 16, 2010
- Reception with Nancy Pearl -- June 14, 2010
- Photo Experience II: June 11 and 18, 2010
- Illinois River Update -- June 5, 2010
- Greater Peoria Sanitary District -- May 27, 2010
- Chicago Architecture -- May 26, 2010
- Eureka College -- May 19, 2010
- Archeology Adventure -- May 13, 2010
- A Day in Peoria Heights -- May 11, 2010
- Fermilab and Cantigny -- May 20, 2010
- Geology Hike -- May 7, 2010
- Day in Pekin -- May 5, 2010
- ▼ July (16)