The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Chicago Architecture -- May 26, 2010
As a follow-up to his incredibly popular Fall class on Chicago architecture, Bennett Johnson, retired architect and past president of the Chicago Art Deco Society, helped plan this walking tour and discussion of Chicago’s reputation as a world-class architectural city.
We were guided by Kathleen Murphy Skolnick, a colleague of Bennett, as we visited buildings with Chicago School, International, Deco, and Post-Modern designs, and took part in a wonderful discussion of the architects who brought the buildings to life. After lunch at the brand-new Harry Caray’s Tavern at Navy Pier, we boarded a boat at Ogden Slip for a delightful sightseeing cruise along the Chicago River.
OLLI thanks both Bennett and Kathleen for developing an interesting and educational trip to the Windy City!
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (79)
- Peoria International Airport -- July 15, 2010
- OLLI Summer Picnic -- June 7, 2010
- Illinois Shakespeare Festival -- June 24, 2010
- Canoe the Kankakee -- June 30, 2010
- Emiquon and Dickson Mounds -- June 16, 2010
- Reception with Nancy Pearl -- June 14, 2010
- Photo Experience II: June 11 and 18, 2010
- Illinois River Update -- June 5, 2010
- Greater Peoria Sanitary District -- May 27, 2010
- Chicago Architecture -- May 26, 2010
- Eureka College -- May 19, 2010
- Archeology Adventure -- May 13, 2010
- A Day in Peoria Heights -- May 11, 2010
- Fermilab and Cantigny -- May 20, 2010
- Geology Hike -- May 7, 2010
- Day in Pekin -- May 5, 2010
- ▼ July (16)