The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
A Day in Peoria Heights -- May 11, 2010
During this trip, we met local entrepreneurs who have made an impact on the village and heard first-hand accounts of how family-owned businesses began.
The day began with a family-style lunch at Basta Mangiare, followed by a visit to Village Hall with Manager Matt Fick and Mayor Mark Allen. We had planned to visit Tower Park for a panoramic view of the Illinois River Valley, but a mechanical malfunction sidetracked the visit to the top of the tower.
We then took tours and met with the owners and staff Pearl Insurance, I Know You Like a Book (bookstore), and Picture This Gallery.
Thank you to all of the wonderful people in Peoria Heights who welcomed OLLI and taught us about its history and economic development.
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (79)
- Peoria International Airport -- July 15, 2010
- OLLI Summer Picnic -- June 7, 2010
- Illinois Shakespeare Festival -- June 24, 2010
- Canoe the Kankakee -- June 30, 2010
- Emiquon and Dickson Mounds -- June 16, 2010
- Reception with Nancy Pearl -- June 14, 2010
- Photo Experience II: June 11 and 18, 2010
- Illinois River Update -- June 5, 2010
- Greater Peoria Sanitary District -- May 27, 2010
- Chicago Architecture -- May 26, 2010
- Eureka College -- May 19, 2010
- Archeology Adventure -- May 13, 2010
- A Day in Peoria Heights -- May 11, 2010
- Fermilab and Cantigny -- May 20, 2010
- Geology Hike -- May 7, 2010
- Day in Pekin -- May 5, 2010
- ▼ July (16)