The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Fermilab and Cantigny -- May 20, 2010
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Fermilab) is a U.S. Department of Energy national laboratory specializing in high-energy particle physics. Fermilab's Tevatron is a landmark particle accelerator; at 3.9 miles in circumference, it is the world's second largest energy particle accelerator (CERN's Large Hadron Collider is the largest).
OLLI spent more than 90 minutes touring Fermilab's Wilson Hall, then had the opportunity for a private question-and-answer session with a scientist (who himself was retiring in three days). After a short drive to Wheaton, we arrived on the grounds of Cantigny, the former esttate of Robert R. McCormick. There, we dined at Le Jardin and took private tours of the First Division Museum, the McCormick Museum, and roamed the largest display gardens in the midwest.
Thank you to the staff at Fermilab and Cantigny for providing educational presentations throughout the day for our OLLI members.
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (79)
- Peoria International Airport -- July 15, 2010
- OLLI Summer Picnic -- June 7, 2010
- Illinois Shakespeare Festival -- June 24, 2010
- Canoe the Kankakee -- June 30, 2010
- Emiquon and Dickson Mounds -- June 16, 2010
- Reception with Nancy Pearl -- June 14, 2010
- Photo Experience II: June 11 and 18, 2010
- Illinois River Update -- June 5, 2010
- Greater Peoria Sanitary District -- May 27, 2010
- Chicago Architecture -- May 26, 2010
- Eureka College -- May 19, 2010
- Archeology Adventure -- May 13, 2010
- A Day in Peoria Heights -- May 11, 2010
- Fermilab and Cantigny -- May 20, 2010
- Geology Hike -- May 7, 2010
- Day in Pekin -- May 5, 2010
- ▼ July (16)