The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Bradley University (OLLI) is a group of more than 1,000 individuals, age 50 and over, who learn together through three distinct programs: OLLI Classes, OLLI Learning Trips, and OLLI Study Groups.
Here, members can discuss what they learned, what they enjoyed, and offer suggestions to enhance future program offerings.
Take a look at the photos we're taking, and the discussions we're having as OLLI members.
Whether we're in class, in town, or out of town ... we're on the go, having fun, and constantly learning.
We look forward to reading your comments!
While you're online, be sure to visit our website www.bradley.edu/continue/olli to register for our programs.
Don't forget -- OLLI has its own YouTube Channel, where you can see video clips of Learning Trips, Classes, and Study Groups!
Friday, July 16, 2010
OLLI Summer Picnic -- June 7, 2010
This summer's picnic was a celebration of the past and present on lower Grandview Drive.
More than 50 OLLI members met at the pavilion on lower Grandview Drive to enjoy lunch and listen as Marilyn Leyland, immediate past president of the Peoria Historical Society, gave a presentation about the history of the Grandview area.
One of the highlights of the presentation was the description of Al Fresco Amusement Park, a riverfront attraction on Galena Road from 1906 to 1929. The park, fashioned after the "White City" World's Exposition in Chicago, featured a Ferris wheel, aeiral swing, and roller coaster. Thousands of people would pack the park, many traveling via streetcars and paddleboats to watch concerts, boxing matches, and even Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.
OLLI thanks Marilyn Leyland and all of its members who braved the summer heat to enjoy a day of history and camraderie.
- ► 2014 (120)
- ► 2013 (80)
- ► 2012 (63)
- ► 2011 (79)
- Peoria International Airport -- July 15, 2010
- OLLI Summer Picnic -- June 7, 2010
- Illinois Shakespeare Festival -- June 24, 2010
- Canoe the Kankakee -- June 30, 2010
- Emiquon and Dickson Mounds -- June 16, 2010
- Reception with Nancy Pearl -- June 14, 2010
- Photo Experience II: June 11 and 18, 2010
- Illinois River Update -- June 5, 2010
- Greater Peoria Sanitary District -- May 27, 2010
- Chicago Architecture -- May 26, 2010
- Eureka College -- May 19, 2010
- Archeology Adventure -- May 13, 2010
- A Day in Peoria Heights -- May 11, 2010
- Fermilab and Cantigny -- May 20, 2010
- Geology Hike -- May 7, 2010
- Day in Pekin -- May 5, 2010
- ▼ July (16)